MERF Random Adventure Pictures

Whether new to the forum, or completely new to the community, herein you will find the best information to-date to help you get started on the right foot with that dangerous business of going out your door.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Iodo
Thangailhir

Re: MERF Random Adventure Pictures

Post by Iodo »

Ohtarvarno wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:39 pm It's in the southern Lake District in the UK. This walk was from Gummer's How to Cartmel.
Now I know why it looks familiar, I walked some of that rout about ten years ago
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Desert Loon

Post by Desert Loon »

New guy here. I've really been enjoying these pictures - as well as your videos. Thanks for sharing them!
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Desert Loon wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:20 am New guy here. I've really been enjoying these pictures - as well as your videos. Thanks for sharing them!
feel free to add your own, you don't need to be in kit, you just need to be on an awesome adventure, and I'd love to see photo's of those beautiful mountains you speak of in your introduction thread :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Desert Loon

Post by Desert Loon »

Starting out very nice and easy: here are some winter scenes from a park near my house - from last New Year's Day in fact. I like to take my daughters there and watch them explore the paths through the woods and find "the fairy realm." It's a tame little park but it's definitely one of those gateway places.

A misty view of a local peak

The little stream running through the park

The shore of the pond, viewed from the frozen surface

Duck tracks on the pond

Scrub oak

Snow on the leaf mould
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

That first photo is incredible, it looks just like a scene from the Misty mountains :P
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Absolutely gorgeous scenery! Reminds me a lot of the areas around here in CO - but then, in Utah you’re pretty darned close to us out here!
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Oh that looks like a grand adventure - how fun!
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Desert Loon

Post by Desert Loon »

Manveruon wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:02 pm Absolutely gorgeous scenery! Reminds me a lot of the areas around here in CO - but then, in Utah you’re pretty darned close to us out here!
Yeah, I'm grateful to live in this part of the world!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I'll find some more pictures from summer soon.